How to Use Telehealth at Home
Telehealth at home is the use of digital technologies to access health care services from a distance, usually through computers and mobile devices. This can include using technology at home or having a nurse or other health care professional provide telehealth services for you from their hospital or clinic. In other words, telehealth at home can be understood as improved, all-time all time accessible healthcare services that are provided using technology. Several people started using telehealth services at home during the COVID-19 pandemic, and it continues to be a popular option among patients even today post the pandemic.
Telehealth at home makes the following possible for patients:
- Telehealth at home allows for easy access to healthcare, which that is crucial for people who live in communities that are remote or in rural areas. Telehealth at home allows them to receive the medical attention they need and helps help to improve their overall quality of life.
- If you have an infectious disease such as COVID-19, telehealth services allows you to receive treatment at home, thus ensuring that you do not infect other people.
- Telehealth at home offers primary care for many conditions, thus allowing patients to receive the best possible treatment at the earliest.
- Telehealth at home is a very effective solution for people who have limited mobility.
- Telehealth at home makes access to medical specialists available very easily for patients all across.
How Does Telehealth Work?
Telehealth services are provided by healthcare providers, clinics, or hospitals through audio or video calls or via phone chats. Telehealth providers offers treatment and care for a variety of conditions, such as migraines, skin problems, diabetes, depression, and anxiety. Telehealth services at home allows you to receive treatment from a provider when you can’t or don’t need an in-person visit.telemedicine
Once you sign up for a telehealth appointment at home, your healthcare provider will provide you with information or give you forms to fill out online prior to your visit. They may also make sure that you have the technology required, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer with internet access. You can join the online appointment with the doctor by simply having a smartphone, tablet, or computer with internet access and logging onto the link that the healthcare providers give you.
Several patients are unsure about when to use telemedicine. The answer to this is simple. You can use telemedicine in almost all cases, as long as it is not a medical emergency. In caseIncase of a medical emergency or very severe symptoms, it is important to visit a hospital or clinic instead.
How Can You Prepare For Telehealth At Home?
The following tips will help make your telehealth visit as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- If you need special assistance when visiting your healthcare provider, be sure to let them know. If need be, you can ask them about support features or technology. For example, : a screen reader for people with visual impairments, closed captioning for deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals, or translation/interpretation services.
- For instructions on your appointment, please check your email. You may also want to review any communications from the healthcare provider related to using technology associated with your appointment.
- Before your telehealth appointment at home, it is recommended that you test the technology in advance to identify any potential issues.
Things To Remember Before Your Video Appointment:
- It is important to find a well-lit area so your healthcare provider or doctor can see your face. Make sure the lighting is good so they can clearly see you.
- To ensure good video quality, keep your camera still and set it on a flat surface or support it with something sturdy.
- It is important to be positioned in the center of your screen and look directly into the camera when filming. This will provide a similar image to that which is displayed on the provider’s screen, ensuring accuracy and continuity between video footage and audio recordings.
- To get the most out of the telehealth appointment, it would be helpful to reduce background noise and distractions. Turning off alarms and sounds on other devices can also help.
- To improve your internet connection and reduce distractions, close other applications on your device.
Some Important Tips For A Successful Telehealth Appointment:
- Make sure to choose a private location where you can discuss your health concerns in privacy.
- It is important to prepare for your visit in advance, recording key information such as the date and time of your appointment.
- Make sure to gather your current medications and doses or find the bottles where they are written down.
- If you have any questions or concerns, make a note of them so that you don’t forget to ask them.
- It can be useful to keep a paper and pen nearby during your telehealth appointment to in order to take notes. This will help you better remember the information that was discussed, and it can be helpful later on if you have any questions or queries.
- It is better to avoid eating or drinking during the telehealth appointment to ensure you are not distracted during your interaction with the doctor.
- Feel free to ask the doctor or healthcare provider any questions about telehealth services during your appointment. Questions like how does telehealth works, when to use telemedicine, what to expect, and what the benefits are all valid if you are using telehealth for the first time can be asked.
- Let the telehealth doctor know which pronouns and name you prefer to be used.
- Take your time during the appointment. This is important because you should not feel rushed or uncomfortable.
- A good doctor is the one who will listen to you and understand your needs. He/She will take the time to hear what you have to say and consider all your concerns.
- It is important to ask questions and ensure that you understand the information provided. If the doctor makes an ambiguous or unclear statement, feel free to request clarification.
- After your visit, the doctor will send you a written summary of what happened. Feel free to ask them any questions that you might have about your condition or treatment.
- When deciding what information to share with the doctor, think about what you feel comfortable sharing. While providing more detailed information will help the doctor better serve you, it is okay to let them know if some questions are making you uncomfortable.
- You have the right to choose what information your healthcare provider, doctor, and other healthcare health care professionals are allowed to share about you. You can decide who gets to know certain personal details, and you always have the option not to provide any specific information if you don’t want it shared.
Telehealth at Home | First Response Healthcare ?
If you are looking to book services for telehealth at home or have questions about when to use telemedicine or how does telehealth works, we are here to help you. First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company that provides a range of medical services at your doorstep, including telehealth at home. FRH has been recognized by Joint Commission International Standards for providing high-quality home healthcare services, making it an ideal choice if you need telemedicine medical assistance at your home in Dubai.
FRH has a team of doctors who are licensed and certified by the Dubai Healthcare Authority (DHA). Our doctors offer 24/7 telemedicine consultation services in Dubai, and they work in shifts so that they can provide treatment for a variety of conditions throughout the day and throughout the year. You can speak with one of our doctors on an audio call or video call from your home after booking a consultation appointment for telemedicine in Dubai. Our team of doctors can provide you with diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of conditions, right from fever & migraines to chronic diseases & skin problems, among several others.
How Can You Book A Telehealth Appointment With FRH?
- To schedule a teleconsultation appointment with a doctor, you can call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC.
- You can also book a doctor’s appointment by clicking on: https://firstresponse.okadoc.com/
- From our team of internationally trained, experienced and DHA licensed doctors, you can choose a doctor of your choice based on language preference or any other factors and we will schedule a telehealth appointment with them for you.
- We will schedule your appointment with the doctor at a time and date that suits you best.
- Once this is done, you just need to log into your account at the scheduled time for your appointment.
Why Should You Choose FRH for Telehealth Services In Dubai?
- We offer free follow-up consultation for the next 7 days after your appointment.
- Our doctors ensure that the appointment is through HD quality video consultation.
- All your calls and chats with us are end to end encrypted.
- You can send any messages, pictures, or reports to the doctor and all of this will remain confidential.
- The doctor will send you a summary and prescription after the teleconsultation telehealth appointment ends.
- The duration of the appointment will be approximately 30 minutes.
- If need be, we will refer complex cases or emergency patients for face consultation or emergency services.
- When required, our doctor can also advise the patient on further assessment and treatment or make referrals to specialists.
- We offer telehealth appointments in both English & Arabic.
To book services for telehealth at home, all you need to do is call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visiting our website: https://firstresponsehealthcare.com/ae/dubai