How To Relieve Neck And Back Pain With Physiotherapy
There was a time when neck pain and back used to be an issue that only elderly individuals had to deal with. However, because of people’s changed lifestyles and routines, neck pain and back pain has now become a health concern that many people complain of – right from school-going children, teenagers to working professionals and adults. Neck and back pain could be because of a variety of reasons such as sitting for too long in the same position without taking a break, being in a stressful environment or being stressed, spending long hours sitting in a chair or work station that’s uncomfortable or because of lack of physical activity or exercise.
Most people take neck and back pain lightly and deal with it by taking over the counter painkillers to tackle the pain. Taking pain killers for a prolonged period of time can have long term effects and serious health consequences. Instead of taking the approach of having painkillers or trying other ways to cope with the pain; the most effective way is starting physiotherapy for neck and back pain.
What Are The Symptoms of Neck & Back Pain?
Following are some of the symptoms that you may experience if you have neck and back pain:
- Experiencing stiffness or pain
- Having muscle spasms
- Feeling tenderness around spine in the neck or back
- Feeling a lack of strength and unable to function effectively
- Experiencing headaches along with neck pain
The pain that you experience during back or neck pain can vary. You may experience a pain that’s either sharp or feels like stabbing, pinching, burning or like pins and needles, or it could just be dull, numb or a deep ache. Going to a doctor is important if you experience any of these or if you have the above-mentioned symptoms, because only a doctor will be able to make the accurate diagnosis and offer a treatment that’s best for you.
How To Relieve Neck & Back Pain With Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy for neck and back pain is one of the most effective ways of getting rid of pain in the neck and back. Neck and back pain physical therapy comprises a physiotherapist understanding the cause of your pain and then recommending a physical therapy plan that would work best for you. Physiotherapy for neck and back pain comprises a range of techniques and methods such as stretching, mobilization, exercises, massages and so on. Once you speak to a physiotherapist about your concerns, the physiotherapist will come up with a personalized treatment plan for you post assessing your condition. The plan will take into account your lifestyle and daily routine. Through neck and back pain physical therapy, the physiotherapist can help you achieve the following goals to improve your condition and reduce the pain:
- Help reduce the stiffness and pain
- Help develop strength in the affected areas
- Help enhance the range of motion of the back and neck area
- Help improve flexibility and in turn reduce the possibility of recurring pain or future injuries
- Help improve your quality of life and overall wellbeing
To help relieve neck and back pain through physiotherapy, the physiotherapist may use methods from either of the following categories:
- Active exercises – Through active exercises as a part of physiotherapy, the therapist aims to rehabilitate the spine and neck area and to improve your flexibility, strength and range of motion in the affected areas. The physiotherapist will use a combination of exercises that would include different types of stretching exercises, low impact aerobics, among others.
- Passive physical therapy – Through passive physical therapy, the goal is to reduce the pain for patients and reach an effective level of pain management. To achieve the same, the physiotherapist may use techniques such as manual therapy, acupuncture, Kinesio taping , TENS units, ultrasound, ice/heat packs, among others.
What Are The Benefits Of Physiotherapy for Neck and Back Pain?
- Personalized Care & Customized Plan – A physiotherapist will devise a customized plan for neck and back pain physical therapy based on your condition, body type, age and lifestyle. The physiotherapist will not follow a one-size-fits-all approach and will instead come up with a plan that will work best for you and that will help you the most.
- Reduction in Pain – The physiotherapist will assess how you move, walk or run. They will also evaluate how you get up from a sitting and laying down position. Post understanding this, they will show you new exercises, movements and postures that can reduce the pain caused by your faulty movements.
- Enhanced Mobility – The physiotherapist will not just help in treating the pain but will also work with you to ascertain the root cause of the pain and discomfort. By identifying the cause of the pain, stiffness or numbness, the physiotherapist will recommend strengthening exercises and other methods to improve your mobility and range of motion.
- Might Eliminate The Need For Surgery – Going for physiotherapy for neck and back pain at the right time can ensure that your condition doesn’t worsen and become severe. Physiotherapy is a proactive way to tackle the issue of back and neck pain and it can help avoid surgery in many cases.
- Help Avoid The Risk of Injuries In The Future – If your neck and back pain is because of repetitive movements in your job duties or because of athletic activity, then the physiotherapist will suggest exercises and recovery stretches for you that can avoid back and neck injuries in the future.
Why Should You Choose Home Care Physiotherapy For Neck & Back Pain?
Choosing at home physiotherapy for neck and back pain has numerous benefits. It not only saves time and money but it also positively affects your recovery and takes care of other risks and concerns that come with visiting a hospital, clinic or at physiotherapy center in person. Following are the reasons for why home care physiotherapy is a better option for neck and back pain:
- Cheaper – Physiotherapy at home helps you save costs because it doesn’t require you to spend money on fuel or for the commute from your home to the physiotherapy center or clinic. Physiotherapy sessions are generally scheduled a few times a week and having to commute regularly for physiotherapy can increase costs and can make the entire process of getting therapy unnecessarily expensive. And this can be entirely avoided by choosing to go for home physiotherapy for neck and back pain.
- Saves Time & Effort – With physiotherapy at home, you no longer need to spend time being stuck in traffic during your commute for physiotherapy, and you no longer need to wait your turn in queues at the physiotherapy center for your session. With at home physiotherapy, a physiotherapist can come visit your home at a time scheduled by you.
- In A Familiar & Comfortable Environment – For neck and back pain physical therapy, it is important that you are in an environment that you feel comfortable in. Home is where one feels safe and most comfortable, and home care physiotherapy gives you the option to get therapy in the comfort of your own home.
Home Physiotherapy For Neck & Back Pain In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company in Dubai that offers a range of healthcare services including the service of physiotherapy at home. FRH delivers medical care right at your doorstep through a team of doctors, nurses and physiotherapists. They have a team of DHA licensed, highly trained and qualified physiotherapists who offer physiotherapy treatments for a range of issues such as neck pain, back pain, sports injuries and for other orthopedic, neurological or respiratory conditions, among others. The FRH team offers their services 24*7, 365 days a year and they have also received the Gold Seal of Approval for meeting the Joint Commission International Standards for its services. Through their ‘Physiotherapy on Call,’ service, you can book physiotherapy appointments for in-home physiotherapy at a place of your choice, located anywhere within the Emirate of Dubai. FRH can provide its services at your home, hotel or office based on your convenience.
Here’s What Makes FRH Stand Out:
- Flexible Appointments: We can come to you at a time that suits you and you can book an appointment with us 24*7, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Fastest Delivery of Services: We can reach your home, hotel or office within 30* minutes after you book an appointment with us.
- We come to you, anywhere; We cover the entire Emirate of Dubai and can come to you at a location of your choice, whether it’s your home, hotel or office.
- One-on-One Attention – We take the time to listen and understand your needs, requirements and expectations and then create a customized treatment plan that fits best with your lifestyle and condition.
The physiotherapy plan that FRH offers includes the following:
- Strength Training
- Balance Training
- Therapeutic Massage and Exercises
- Muscle Imbalance Correction
- Posture Correction
- Neuro-developmental Therapy
To avail services of physiotherapy for neck and back pain at home, you can call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an online appointment by visiting our website https://firstresponsehealthcare.com/ae/dubai