Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy at Home
The word ‘musculoskeletal’ refers to and covers things to do with the muscles, bones, joints, nerves, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and spinal discs. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy refers to the field of physiotherapy that treats disorders of the musculoskeletal system. By combining the sciences and knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics,musculoskeletal physiotherapists approach the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients’ disorders.
Through the specialized procedures of Musculoskeletal physiotherapy, it is possible for patients to develop and build coping mechanisms that can accelerate the healing process and can avoid the possibility of secondary problems. Musculoskeletal physiotherapy can help restore movement, mobility and function to a great extent and can reduce the severe impact of an injury, illness or any other disability. The injuries of conditions that can be treated or improved with musculoskeletal physiotherapy include:
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- Cartilage tears
- Pre and post-surgery rehabilitation
- Fracture rehabilitation
- Back pain
What Does Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Treatment Involve?
Musculoskeletal physiotherapists generally hold a higher degree in physiotherapy like a Master’s and are trained in and have specialized experience in therapies and procedures for musculoskeletal problems. The most common conditions that musculoskeletal physiotherapists find in their patients include problems with the muscles and joints, that lead to back and neck pain. Once the musculoskeletal physiotherapist has assessed you, he/she will set appropriate short term and long term goals for you and will develop a rehabilitation plan that fits with your needs and requirements. Some of the treatments that may be used by musculoskeletal physiotherapist include:
- Manipulation and manual therapy to improve mobility
- Exercise therapy
- Coping strategies and self-management techniques
- Pain management and advice on coping strategies
How Does Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Help?
Apart from providing pain relief, it is possible for musculoskeletal physiotherapists to identify the exact issues with your back, neck or other areas of the body. They are trained to diagnose the specific causes of body pain, and this can help you better understand your condition and what’s causing it.
Musculoskeletal Physio can help in the following ways:
Prevention Is Better Than Cure– Given that physiotherapists are able to identify the causes that led to the musculoskeletal issue, they can offer advice, suggestions and recommendations that can avoid such issues occurring in the future.
Enhances Strength– The musculoskeletal physiotherapist will work with you to improve strength, endurance, tolerance and your overall fitness through a broad range of treatment options.
Improve Mobility– Through treatments and techniques like manipulation, mobilisation, stretching, massage and exercise, the musculoskeletal physiotherapist will be able to enhance your mobility and your overall range of movement.
Better Coordination – Through musculoskeletal physio, it is possible to correctfaulty spinal movement. Your physiotherapist can teach you numerous exercises that can make your movements pain free and smooth.
Following are the numerous other benefits of msk physio:
- Optimizes your healing
- Speeds the recovery process
- Restores normal movement
- Relieves or entirely decreases pain
- Decrease swelling and inflammation
- Enhance and improve the strength and flexibility of muscles
- Increases your independence and self-sufficiency
- Enhances your motion, ease, and movement quality
- Improves your movement control
- Teaches you coping mechanisms that can help with discomfort during the recovering process or other difficulties that you might be facing while performing regular, everyday movements
- Helps you meet your fitness or wellness goals
- Helps you learn safe and better ways of moving to decrease the risk of potential musculoskeletal disorders
- Post recovery, you’ll have maintenance programme to ensure that you continue to benefit from your physiotherapy
- Will speed your recovery and will enable you to return to regular tasks and day to day activities.
How To Prepare for Your First Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Appointment?
At your first appointment, the physiotherapist may ask you about the list of medication you are on, the symptoms that you’re dealing with and the intensity of the pain you’re feeling. For your first appointment, it is recommended that you wear loose, comfortable clothes since the physiotherapist might want to inspect the pain areas. During the first appointment, the physiotherapist might also tell you about what to expect during treatment and if there are any risks that you should be aware about. If possible, you should also think about and have an idea about the goals you’d like to prioritize through our treatment. At the first appointment, you should also bring up any questions or concerns that you might have about physiotherapy and the treatment process.
What Are the Different Types of Treatment Under Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy?
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy would comprise of and cover the following:
- The physiotherapist will take you through basic anatomy education along with offering advice and suggestions regarding your condition
- Techniques of hands-on mobilization and manipulation, will be used with the aim of free-ing up the movement of your stiff joints
- Massages and stretching exercises to loosen and ease up your tight muscles, joints and structures
- The physiotherapist will also teach you customized and tailored exercises that will strengthen your weak muscles and help you retrain your movement
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy will also cover balance and coordination exercises
- Along with this, supervised and graded exercise programs will also be covered by the physiotherapist. This will include hands-on guidance to help you learn and develop the correct movement. The physiotherapists will also teach you new exercises to enhance your strength, speed, flexibility and coordination.
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy at Home In Dubai | First Response Healthcare
Visiting a hospital or clinic regularly for physiotherapy might feel like a task or hassle, especially if you need to brave through heavy traffic or commute or if you’re tied to a tight schedule of long work hours and other responsibilities. Making time for physiotherapy might get difficult in such circumstances. Moreover, if your condition is severe, you might need to depend on a friend or family member to take you to the hospital or clinic. All this can be avoided through the service of home physiotherapy, wherein an experienced physiotherapist visits you in the comfort of your home at a time that suits you best. First Response Healthcare (FRH) provides specialized service of home physiotherapy in Dubai. Through our ‘Physiotherapy on Call’; Service, we provide in-home physiotherapy at a location of your choice, which could be your home, office, or hotel.
First Response Healthcare (FRH) is a leading home healthcare company in Dubai that provides high-quality, patient centred and comprehensive care through services that are prompt and reliable. Through a team of highly competent & DHA licensed doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, and medical experts, FRH offers services 24*7, 365 days anywhere within the Emirate of Dubai. FRH implements international healthcare quality standards and for this, it has also received the Gold Seal of Approval by Joint Commission International Standards for Home Healthcare. The staff at FRH is compassionate and considerate of the patient’s needs and always prioritizes their comfort and convenience.
First Response Physiotherapy team comprises highly trained, experienced, qualified, and licensed physiotherapists who are well equipped with portable equipment to provide physiotherapy at home. All our physiotherapists have commendable clinical experience and are licensed by the Dubai Health Authority. The physiotherapist will design a personalized and effective physiotherapy plan that will aim to improve your mobility, enhance your strength, and help you achieve independent functioning.
FRH Offers Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Treatment for The Following Conditions:
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Neck pain
- Ankle pain
- Elbow pain
- Wrist pain
- Ankle sprain
- Shoulder Instability
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle spasm
Why Should You Get Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Treatment in Dubai From FRH:
- Flexible Appointments:You can schedule your appointment at any time and on any day of the year. Our services are available 24*7, even on weekends and public holidays.
- Quick Services: Our team can reach you within 30* minutes after you book an appointment
- Locations Covered: Entire Emirate of Dubai
- Place of Your Convenience: Our team can offer services at your home, hotel or office
Benefits of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy in Dubai by First Response Healthcare
- Customized Services – Our physiotherapist will offer a treatment plan based on your needs and requirements.
- One-on-One Attention– We prioritize your needs and expectations and take the time to understand your requirements before we design a customized plan for you.
- Flexible Appointments – We adapt to your schedule and come to you at a time and day of your choice.
- Communicated Recovery Process – We make sure to keep you updated with Regular Progress Reports.
- Relationship based Therapy– Our team members are caring and compassionate professionals who put their best effort in making the process easy and smooth for you by building a personal connection.
- In the Privacy & Comfort of Your Own Home – Your home is the place that you are most comfortable at. Getting your musculoskeletal physiotherapy treatment at home can help you feel relaxed, plus you can be in the presence of your family who can offer moral support.
Our home musculoskeletal physiotherapy Dubai program is tailored according to patient’s specific needs and includes the following:
- Strength Training
- Balance Training
- Therapeutic Massage and Exercises
- Muscle Imbalance Correction
- Posture Correction
- Neuro-developmental Therapy
If you or anyone you know can benefit from musculoskeletal physiotherapy, it is important that you reach out to a doctor to seek advice.
To avail our musculoskeletal physiotherapy services at home in Dubai, all you need to do is call on 0505050387 or 800DIALDOC. You can also book an appointment online by visitinghttps://firstresponsehealthcare.com/ae/dubai