What Are Telomeres?
Telomeres are biomarkers in your body found at the end of each chromosome that cap both ends of all 46 chromosomes within each cell of your body.. Telomeres play an important role in cellular health and help to identify your biological age. The most important function of the telomere is to prevent chromosomal “fraying,” which occurs when a cell is replicated. As you age with time, telomeres become shorter – eventually so short that they can no longer replicate. When telomeres become too short or lost, the chromosome tips end up remaining unprotected and can cause chromosomes to fuse. To prevent this, cells enter a state in which they can no longer divide, and as a by effect can promote inflammation and secrete chemicals that promote growth of precancerous or cancerous cells.
Unfortunately, our lifestyle and environmental factors around us like sunlight, air pollution, cigarette smoke and even inflammation or poor diet can infact accelerate shortening and can damage cell components, including DNA.
What is Telomere Testing and Why Is It Needed?
Telomere testing is nothing but a blood test that’s supervised by a genetic specialist. In this test,the cells in your blood are analyzed to understand the state of your telomeres and offer insight into what your health might be like in the future. It is used to provide a better understanding of your aging process and to identify the possibility of emergence of age-related ailments.
The length of Telomere has been linked to cardiovascular diseases, oxidative stress, different types of cancer and metabolic diseases. Moreover, Telomere testing also provides an insight into the effect and impact of your lifestyle and habits on your health.
Telomere Testing helps identify your genetic age and enables doctors and practitioners to suggest supplements that you could benefit from, in order to improve the length of telomeres.With Telomere Testing results, a doctor can also advise you of any lifestyle changes that you could adopt to improve your genetic age – this could range from anything like adopting a healthier diet, quitting smoking, exercising more, managing stress better, etc. Since there are alot of environmental and lifestyle factors that can accelerate the shortening of the telomeres,Telomere testing can help to identify these to make sure they do not become a bigger risk to your health in the future.
Our Home Health Checkup Doctors
Benefits of Telomere Testing
Early Detection of Age Related Ailments
One of the most important benefits of Telomere Testing is how it makes it possible to foresee the ailments that have the potential of causing you harm in the future. The length of Telomeres has been linked to cancers, metabolic conditions, oxidative stress and cardiovascular problems.By taking a Telomere test, you are basically preparing yourself to make lifestyle changes that
can help you deal with these issues with more ease.
Crucial In Risk Assessment
If you are someone who is contemplating undergoing procedures such as liver or lung transplant, Telomere Testing makes it possible to assess the amount of risk for patients in such cases. Studying telomere length through Telomere Testing makes it possible to ascertain if the patient is more likely to suffer in the long term because of the transplant. This information can be very important and crucial in making your final decision.
Telomere Testing For Anti-Aging Lifestyle Plans
Since Telomere length can help determine the age of your cells, Telomere testing can prove to be very useful in anti-aging evaluation. Having longer telomeres can help you with anti-aging and overall wellness. Thus, results of telomere testing along can offer insights into anti-aging lifestyle changes that you can make to better the aging process of your cells and body.All in all, Telomere Testing is important because:
- Having your Telomere length results can help with the diagnosis of a variety of diseases and conditions.
- Knowledge about Telomere length will also make it possible for you to understand disease course prediction.
- It can provide information for risk assessments before lung, liver and stem cell transplants.
- Telomere length test results can provide key information to people about not just their medical conditions but also their overall health and body. This makes it possible for people to better understand their disease and treatment options.
Who Should Consider A Telomere Test?
- People with genetic issues or conditions who want to gain more information about their health.
- People who could benefit most from telomere testing include athletes who want insights into their health and performance in order to improve and optimize it.
- Anyone who hasn’t received the needed insights through standard lab testing and would like to dive deeper to understand the potential causes of ailments and diseases they have.
What To Expect in the Test?
The test is a very simple procedure that does not require any anaesthetic. As a part of the test,a small blood sample will be collected, which will then be sent for analysis. As with most procedures, your testing will begin with an initial consultation wherein we will take a look at your medical history. The results of your telomere test will be back in a couple of weeks, after which you can have a follow up consultation session with the doctor.
Book Your Telomere Test Today With First Response Healthcare
First Response Healthcare is a JCI accredited home healthcare organization that provides patient centered home healthcare services of highest quality. We have a team of trained,experienced and DHA licensed doctors and nurses who prioritize your needs and comfort.
Some Benefits of Getting Your Test Done FRH:
- Blood Sample Collection from your home at a time convenient to you.
- Sample Collection Service from your Home available round the clock, all 365 days of the year.
- Individualized and Personalized Care by our team.
- Team Certified by Dubai Health Authority (DHA).
- Our team reaches the entire Emirate of Dubai, anytime, anywhere.
- Certified Labs – Our Partner Labs are accredited and DHA approved
Having a better understanding of your genetics is a useful step in leading a healthier life. Plus, through personalized consultations with our experienced doctors, we can also offer suggestions that can help you with anti-aging life-style methods and overall wellness.
Book your test today by calling us on 505050 387.
Time for Test Sample Collection: Anytime 24/7 365 days a year we are just a call away
Time to reach you : We arrive the fastest, within 30* minutes of your call
Where all our Doctors can visit you in Dubai : Home, Hotel or Office
You’ll be glad to know that our Doctor at Home On Call service is available on weekends and public holidays.